(Finished product)

My main ingredients for the Cod were fresh ginger, half of a fresh jalapeno pepper, vegetable broth and red miso. I bought the ginger root and fresh jalapenos at a farmer's market in Hempstead last weekend. The jalapenos are fire hot, and we worked up a good sweat from the heat.
My main ingredients for the Cod were fresh ginger, half of a fresh jalapeno pepper, vegetable broth and red miso. I bought the ginger root and fresh jalapenos at a farmer's market in Hempstead last weekend. The jalapenos are fire hot, and we worked up a good sweat from the heat.
I seasoned the Cod with a little bit of pepper, garlic powder and ground ginger, and just a touch of sea salt. Cod is very lean, very mild, very light... similar to Halibut or Sea Bass (but not as oily as SB).
I brought my brothy concoction to a slow boil, and poached the Cod for about 6 or 8 minutes, until it started flaking.
There's nothing like a cold Duvel... our favortie Belgian brew!

My favorite side dish: sauteed spinach! So fast, simple, tasty and healthy! Little bit of EVOO, some minced garlic, little bit of salt and pepper, a few minutes on the stove, and Voila!
I'll definitely put this into the rotation, was really tasty!
No comments:
Post a Comment