Friday, May 1, 2009

Scallops and Veggie Orzo

Super easy, fast, simple and healthy. Great week night dinner.

I picked up some fresh veggies (red onion, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, cherry tomatoes, red, yellow and orange bell peppers) and some large scallops from the grocery store.








While I was prepping everything, Miso, our cat, decided to play hide and seek in a small basket we had lying around. Georgia was the first to spot her!





For the veggies, I put about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and sauteed the red onion. After a minute or two, I added the rest of the vegetables and a splash of chicken stock.





Once vegetables were done, I added them to my bowl of cooked orzo, that I had just finished draining.






I sprinkled the scallops with salt and pepper, and added them to the pan I used for the veggies.



Scallops cook really fast, so I had to keep my eyes on them.




We paired our meal with this Chardonnay. It's excellent, semi-dry but still fruity, and it's really reasonably priced.





Voila! Here is what we enjoyed for dinner! I will definitely add this to our dinner list.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I haven't had much luck with scallops before. These look great - I will have to give them another try.