Friday, June 5, 2009

Linguine alle Vongole

One of my favorite Houston meals is a spaghetti and clams dish at Dolce Vita. I tried recreating it last night for dinner with the recipe shown below, and I can't believe it tasted just as good as Dolce Vita's dish!

I had to improvise a bit on the seafood part of the linguine dish because Whole Foods did not have enough clams, so I threw in some mussels...great addition.
This salad was pretty tasty too, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. I added some salami to Hubby's to make his a bit more hearty.




Recipe: Linguine alle Vongole (Linguine with Clams)
Serves two

Ingredients:
1/2 cup white wine
6 oz linguine
1 1/2 lbs clams (scrubbed, cleaned, and rinsed)
1/4 cup store-bought clam juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
Some finely chopped parsley leaves
Salt to taste (optional)





Method:
Heat up a pot of water and cook the linguine per the packaging instructions. Transfer and set aside.
Heat up a deep skillet, add olive oil and butter. Lightly saute the garlic and add the clams, white wine, clam juice, and parsley leaves. Lightly stir the clams and cover the skillet with its lid until the clams open up. Remove the lid and add the linguine into the skillet and add salt to taste if it’s not salty enough. Dish out the linguine alle vongole and serve immediately.

No comments: