Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fort Collins, Colorado

This past weekend, I traveled with three of my close friends from highschool to Fort Collins, Colorado for another close friend's wedding.

I'm a pretty nervous flyer, and when we arrived at Bush Intercontinental Airport on Friday, September 11th, in the late afternoon, I was a little more anxious than ususal to say the least. So when the gate attendant announced that we could not begin boarding due to a maintenance issue on the plane, I started to mildly freak out. Nothing about the words "maintenance" and "issue" can be good when used together! After a short while, the gate attendant proceeded to announce that we would not be boarding for another 2 hours (!!!), and so we immediatley headed to the Pappadeaux (in Terminal E) for some dinner and drinks.... Grey Goose straight up with two olives, please and make it stat!!!!

With the help of Grey Goose and my friends, I boarded the plane, and am happy to say that we arrived in Denver, CO two and half hours later. =) We, the four muskateers, rented a car and drove North to Fort Collins and arrived just in time to meet up with the wedding party for drinks.



We woke up on Saturday morning hungry, and ready to hit the pavement. We headed over to Lucille's for breakfast, which turned out to be a great treat.



We had to wait outside for a little while, but the temperature outside was just perfect, 50s and slightly chilly.





After eating a monster breakfast, accompanied by this fancy Bloody Mary, we were in much needed of some major walking. Fort Collins is a great little college town. There are so many little shops to enjoy, and it seems like the preferred means of transportation are walking and cycling, which is just fantastic.

I spotted a cycling shop, and knew I would find a cool souvenier there for Hubby, so I walked in and spotted a great looking Fat Tire Brew cycling jersey. Unfortunately, they didn't have his size, so the sales assistant suggested that we buy one from the New Belgium Brewery itself. I told him we didn't have much time, since we only had a few hours to kill before the wedding, and he looked at me funny and said, "well, the brewery is only a mile away." I said, "what?!, only a mile away???" My friends and I were so excited to find out about the brewery, and we felt slightly foolish for not knowing it is in Fort Collins, since apparently everyone knows this! We left the bike shop, and immediately started our walk to the brewery!





This was my first experience with an actual brewery, and let me just say, wow! New Belgium Brewery is a wonderful place, and the beers are plentiful and delicious! We had such a great time, and I would love to make a trip back to Fort Collins just to experience this and the other 4 breweries located in this wonderful little city.



My favorite New Belgium brews are Mothership Wit and Abbey...... sooooooo delicious!



Wagz Pet Store (pictured above and below), is the cutest little pet place you could ever imagine! I bought Georgia and Miso their Halloween costumes, and I cannot wait to dress them up next month! This little puppy below, was so patient while his owner put little booties on him... so cute! I kind of got creeped out though when the guy wanted to get our dogs together to breed, I was like, "umm, no thanks and I live in Houston by the way!"



As if our day wasn't exciting enough already, we were lucky enough to run into the bridal party getting dolled up for the big night (beautiful bride to be below)!



We were pretty worn out when we got back to our hotel, but we didn't have the luxury of relaxing before having to get ready. We had to keep the train moving, and to help us keep going we busted open The Growler that Van had just purchased at the brewery (think of a gallon of Abbey beer).



The wedding was so beautiful, and the ceremony was very special and heartfelt. Everything was just perfect, and I am so happy for my wonderful friend and her new husband! I'm sad though that I didn't get a photo of me with the bride and groom on my camera. I'm hoping that one of the other muskateers did....



Our makeshift Highschool Reunion turned out to be great times!!



Fun in Fort Collins!

No comments: