Sunday, August 16, 2009

My First Triathlon!

In May I decided I wanted to do something challenging, fun and new (for me), so I set my sight on a sprint triathlon. Last Sunday I participated in my very first one, TriGirl Sprint Triathlon put on by Tri on the Run of Houston, TX. I had such an amazing time, and I look forward to more triathlons and participating in this event next year.

I really wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be the morning of the race; I felt ready and excited.



Hubby captured the beautiful sky just as the event was kicking off



Here we are right before I lined up for the 300 yard swim! The color of my swim cap indicated my start time/age group.



I think at this point, my nerves were kicking, but I was ready for the start!



Here I am in moving out of Transition 1 for the 13 mile bike ride. It was much smoother than I had anticipated, but I know a lot of time can be shaved off by doing certain things differently.



I'm on my way to the finish line after a 3 mile jog! This was the toughest part of the race for me, as anyone who knows me knows that I am not a runner!



I made it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you rock!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!