
Ever since seeing the preview for the movie Julie & Julia, with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, I have been so excited to see it! Since the movie studios start showing previews so far in advance, I figured I'd have enough time to read the book before the movie actually came out.
So I picked up Julie & Julia by Julie Powell at Borders, and before I made it to the cashier, my trusty Borders sales rep/new pal suggested that I try My Life in France by Julia Child. Well my Borders pal is now two for two in book recommendations!
This is such a fun book, and Julia Child was such a fascinating person. She dared herself to try new things, travel to new places, meet new people of all different walks of life, and perhaps most importantly, to enjoy the journey itself!
I will definitely be purchasing her famous cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and I'm excited to try new recipes! Hopefully I'll be posting a few pictures of successful attempts at recreating her work!
I really enjoyed her memoir regarding her life in France, and I hope the movie is as much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment